[Minutes] 2 May 2019 WPWG teleconference

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 10:52:35 -0500
To: Web Payments Working Group <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

Thank you for the great conversation today about Payment Request API use cases. Minutes:
 https://www.w3.org/2019/05/02-wpwg-minutes

For those not on the call, we plan to create a task force to:

 * Document the use cases that Payment Request API 1 addresses most directly today
 * Use cases that might be achieved with modest changes to the API (to help us prioritize next features)
 * Use cases (currently) best met through other approaches (e.g., Web form + autofill)

A number of people volunteered for the task force already:

  * MAG: Laura Townsend
  * Google: Rouslan Solomakhin and Justin Toupin
  * Microsoft: Zouhir Chahoud
  * Worldpay: Danny Russell
  * Coil: Adrian Hope-Bailie
  * Adyen: Puneet Shah
  * Shopify: TBD
  * W3C: Ian Jacobs

More are welcome, and it is likely this conversation will dominate our regular Thursday calls for a while.

Next meeting: 16 May
  https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/Agenda-20190516

Thank you,

Ian