Re: ECB: On-line Payments Remain Fragmented

On 2019-12-09 15:05, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> Hi Anders,
>
> You said "It is obvious that a more complete standard is needed in order to succeed." but in response to Rouslan's question of "What are the components of the more complete standard in your mind?" you seem to have ignored the question and only talked about high-level and unrelated issues.

I would rather say that my perspective have changed over the years.  If there is no authoritative place/organization for carrying out a task, the rest becomes slightly less interesting.

Anyway, being able to call a native App from the Web is indeed a "component" which I have resolved it in an unusual way.  I would prefer something that is more standard.

> Can you be specific about what you consider missing at the front-end?

If we stick to SEPA credit transfer the following seems to be missing:
- A security model
- An information flow model that is matched with the security model
- A user interaction model
- A P2P model
- A model for omnichannel use including POS

One might say that Open Banking provides some of this but compared to the already deployed solutions out there it doesn't look particularly convincing.

The originators' of SEPA credit transfer have just published their roadmap/strategy to the problem:
https://www.europeanpaymentscouncil.eu/sites/default/files/kb/file/2019-11/EPC%20269-19v1.0%20Mobile%20Initiated%20SEPA%20%28Instant%29%20Credit%20Transfer%20Interoperability%20Guidance%20%28MSCT%20IG%29.pdf
How you could transform this into an interoperable specification is beyond my limited imagination.

For card payments interoperability exist at the POS and on-line although the latter is all over the map.

Anders