W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-payments-wg@w3.org > November 2016

Minutes [Was: [Agenda] 30 November Payments Apps Task Force Call]

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 10:41:29 -0600
Message-Id: <F55E75BB-D942-41F5-977B-B61A3C5ED6AE@w3.org>
To: Payments WG <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
Hello all,

Minutes from the payment apps task force meeting today:
 https://www.w3.org/2016/11/30-apps-minutes.html

Next meeting: 7 December. (Day and time may change in January).

Ian

> On Nov 29, 2016, at 10:09 AM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
> 
> Participants in the payments app task force,
> 
> We meet 30 November at 9am ET. Draft agenda below.
> 
> Previous meeting 23 November:
> https://www.w3.org/2016/11/23-apps-minutes
> 
> WebEx (as usual):
> https://www.w3.org/2016/08/payment-apps-tf.ics
> 
> Possible regrets: AdrianHB.
> 
> Ian
> 
> ========
> Upcoming meeting schedule:
> * 7 Dec, 14 Dec, 4 Jan 2017
> 
> ACTION Ian 20161116: Look into a new meeting time based on who is participating in the call.
> 
> Let's discuss a new weekly meeting time:
> * Tuesdays, 10am ET or 11am ET (for 1 hour)
> * Participation from Asia has described, while participation on the
>   West Coast and Europe has increased.
> 
> ========
> Recent spec edits
> 
> * Tommy edits regarding cancelation and failure handling:
>   https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/commit/9dcf7d251d1c1f00b13825f96123d5dcc124e105#diff-eacf331f0ffc35d4b482f1d15a887d3b
> 
>   Propose to close Tommy's action from 20161123: Write a proposal for
>   section 10.4 around issue 37 to consider (1) graceful failure in
>   the case of cancelation and (2) mention of retry.
> 
> * WebIDL fix
>   https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/pull/71/commits/738e08739133a6e52482db7446b473ad7fe2f64b
> 
> ========
> Pull request review:
> 
> (AHB and Ian have not yet had time to close this one; we may have to wait a week.)
> 
> * Removed notions of open/proprietary; AdrianHB requested changes
>  https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/pull/70
> 
> ACTION Ian 20161123: Add a pointer from the spec to the issue of UA
> retrying other matching payment apps after cancelation or failure.
> 
> See https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/pull/70/commits/7553f82cd9c45fe38e04f08efc2aaf9c79ad4f1f
> 
> ========
> Issue 69: What does Icon mean?
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/69
> 
> ACTION Ian 20161123: Update the payment app spec to copy web app manifest term for icon_s.
> 
> Status: Proposal:
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/69#issuecomment-263610143
> 
> ========
> Issue 48: Payment app identifier to payment app manifest filename mapping
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/48
> 
> Proposal from Adrian:
>  https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/48#issuecomment-261786242
> 
> ========
> Filtering
> 
> ACTION 20161102: AdamR to take a stab at writing up description of payment app function to return boolean if filter matches; see
> https://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-apps-minutes.html#item03
> 
> ========
> Payment app pilots
> 
> * Update on Opera/Samsung work on Chromium version that can
>  support service-worker based payment apps.
> 
> ========
> Issue 12: Passing details on payment options
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/12
> 
> Let's return to the question of whether payment option
> details should be passed to the mediator for display.
> Any updates based on implementation experience?
> 
> ========
> Other issues
> 
> * Review of open issues
>  https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues
> 
> --
> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
> Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447
> 
> 
> 

--
Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447




Received on Wednesday, 30 November 2016 16:41:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 30 November 2016 16:41:39 UTC