W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-payments-wg@w3.org > November 2016

Minutes [Was: [Agenda] 23 November Payments Apps Task Force Call]

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 08:41:14 -0600
Message-Id: <9044406C-EA69-4507-8B52-07C83E04EB74@w3.org>
To: Payments WG <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

Minutes from today’s call:
 https://www.w3.org/2016/11/23-apps-minutes

Next call: 30 November

Ian


> On Nov 22, 2016, at 8:44 AM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
> 
> Participants in the payments app task force,
> 
> We meet 23 November at 9am ET. Draft agenda below.
> 
> Previous meeting 16 November:
>  https://www.w3.org/2016/11/16-apps-minutes.html
> 
> We are using the same WebEx information as previous weeks (requires
> Member password to access):
> https://www.w3.org/2016/08/payment-apps-tf.ics
> 
> Ian
> 
> ========
> Upcoming meeting schedule:
> * 30 Nov, 7 Dec, 14 Dec, 4 Jan 2017
> 
> ACTION Ian 20161123: Look into a new meeting time based on who is participating in the call. Status: Not done yet.
> 
> ========
> Pull request review:
> 
> * Removed notions of open/proprietary; AdrianHB requested changes
>   https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/pull/70
> 
> * WebIDL fix:
>   https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/pull/71
> 
> ========
> Payment app pilots
> 
> Any updates from implementers? Issues spotted?
> 
> ========
> Filtering
> 
> ACTION 20161102: AdamR to take a stab at writing up description of payment app function to return boolean if filter matches; see
> https://www.w3.org/2016/11/02-apps-minutes.html#item03
> 
> ========
> Any Learnings from Web Share API?
> 
> ACTION 20161102: Ian to reach out to Marcos
> 
> I spoke with Marcos and Matt Giuca. My summary:
> 
> * There are some similarities and shared issues, so it's good
>   to be in conversation.
> 
> * There are some differences (e.g., Single promise is short-lived in
>   Web Share while there are two potentially long-lived Promises in
>   payments; the designs are also different based on how each API
>   emerged).
> 
> * There are similar UX challenges in the Web case: how do you handle
>   a context-within-a-context in various scenarios: desktop only,
>   mobile only, and desktop-mobile mix (e.g., pay with phone while
>   shopping on desktop)?
> 
> I have written to Google colleagues to see whether we can gain
> insights on UX challenges, and welcome others to contribute as well.
> 
> ========
> Issue 48: Payment app identifier to payment app manifest filename mapping
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/48
> 
> In particular see Adrian's summary:
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/48#issuecomment-261474539
> 
> ========
> Issue 69: What does Icon mean?
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/69
> 
> ========
> Issue 12: Passing details on payment options
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/12
> 
> Let's return to the question of whether payment option
> details should be passed to the mediator for display.
> Any updates based on implementation experience?
> 
> ========
> Issue 37: Can payment apps cancel payment flow?
> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues/37
> 
> Any updates on this issue based on implementation experience?
> 
> ========
> Other issues
> 
> * Review of open issues
>  https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-payment-apps-api/issues
> 
> --
> Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
> Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447
> 
> 
> 

--
Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>      http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447




Received on Wednesday, 23 November 2016 14:41:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 23 November 2016 14:41:23 UTC