Google I/O talk about PaymentRequest

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 18:28:08 -0500
Cc: Rouslan Solomakhin <rouslan@google.com>
To: Payments WG <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
Hi all,

Today at Google I/O, Rouslan and Alex Sieke presented PaymentRequest in:

  Bringing seamless checkouts to the mobile web
  https://youtu.be/yelPlCVZLEE

Congrats to both of them and many thanks for inviting developers and
merchants to help improve the API by commenting on the spec.

I was glad to see these goals for the API emphasized:

 * Cross-browser
 * Cross-device
 * Open ecosystem (which touched on both “any payment method” and “third party apps”).

Have a good weekend,

Ian

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447