Re: User Consent and Addresses

From: Adam Roach <abr@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 09:36:37 -0500
To: Tommy Thorsen <tommyt@opera.com>
Cc: Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, Web Payments Working Group <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
On 5/10/16 09:15, Tommy Thorsen wrote:
> I'm referring to the "Payment Apps" and the "HTTP API" spec proposals
> here:
>
> http://w3c.github.io/webpayments-http-api/#generating-a-payment-response
>
> https://w3c.github.io/webpayments/proposals/paymentapps/payment-apps.html#submitting-the-paymentrequest-to-the-payment-app
>
> Both of these propose to pass the payment request to the payment app
> by using an HTTP POST.

Sure, but those POST requests come from the payment mediator, not the
merchant site. I understand the proposal to look like:

Web Page <---PaymentRequest---> Payment Mediator <---POST---> Payment App

The event is used by PaymentRequest, and the shippingAddress field is
used in the POST response. Right?

--
Adam Roach
Principal Platform Engineer