Re: User Consent and Addresses

On 5/10/16 08:16, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> Today if I type information (e.g., shipping address) in a form field, does that change the DOM and thus the merchant has access to the information immediately as well?
>
> I am wondering whether the behavior you describe for paymentRequest differs significantly from today’s form-based approach. (I say “I am wondering” because I think
> you have a better grasp than I do.)

Yes, it certainly does have access. But there's a somewhat different
mental model between "I entered data into merchant.com's web page, so
merchant.com has access to it" and "I entered data into Bobpay's payment
app, so merchant.com has access to it, even if I never submitted it."

--
Adam Roach
Principal Platform Engineer