Re: Request for 2 new repositories

> On May 6, 2016, at 10:30 AM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Mike, Ian, and Doug,
>
> Based on the resolution yesterday to take up the Web Payments Core
> Messages spec and the Web Payments HTTP API spec[1], could we please add
> the following repos to W3C space:
>
> webpayments-core-messages

Now at:
 https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-core-messages

> webpayments-http-api

Now at:
 https://github.com/w3c/webpayments-http-api

> Both repos should have at least the editors, chairs, and W3C staff
> contacts included: msporny, dlongley, adrianhopebailie, mountainhippo,
> ianbjacobs, sideshowbarker, and shepazu.

Done.

> Please make sure to integrate the issue notifications to the appropriate
> mailing list.

I realize we have not discussed mailing list policies yet with multiple repos.

While I am inclined to reuse public-webpayments-specs for all of our
specs, given the current priority of this work, it may be suboptimal to
have a lot of notifications to the list until the priority changes.

Would you be ok if we did not subscribe notifications to that list just
yet, and allow people in the group who want to contribute to
watch the github repo?

Ian

> Once those repos are created, the editors will migrate the history over,
> start adding issues, and patching the spec.
>
> -- manu
>
> [1]
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-payments-wg/2016May/0048.html

> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
> blog: The Web Browser API Incubation Anti-Pattern
> http://manu.sporny.org/2016/browser-api-incubation-antipattern/

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447