Re: comments on web payment HTTP API and core message components

On 05/04/2016 06:12 AM, KUNTZ Vincent wrote:
> On top of the comments already provided by Kris, please find below a
>  couple of additional comments, related to the harmonisation with
> ISO 20022

Hi Kris, Vincent,

Thank you for the detailed input on both the Core Messages and HTTP API
specification.

In general, I agree with a large amount of your input and I think we can
make many of the editorial requests to the documents. As for how we
structure the document, I saw much that I agreed with and we'll either
make those changes or raise them as issues for further discussion if the
specifications are picked up by the group today.

There are a few things in there that had to do w/ naming and the
structure of messages that I think will be a difficult discussion (but
one we should have) with the browser vendors. My personal hope is that
we strive as much as possible for ISO20022 alignment while not making
the messages so foreign to Web developers that it causes confusion in
that ecosystem.

For example, I think making changes like PaymentRequest ->
PaymentInstruction, while logical in the larger payments ecosystem, may
be rejected by the browser vendors because they may feel that the
language might confuse web developers (I'm not saying they're going to
say that, but that is one possible response).

Personally, I'd like to see us move more toward something like a
PaymentInstruction as PaymentRequest doesn't really cover use cases like
refunds and pre-authorizations cleanly.

If the group adopts the work today, I'll go through each of your items
line by line and either make the changes to the spec (if the changes are
largely editorial) or raise them as issues for further discussion (so
all of your input will be considered and responded to).

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
JSON-LD Best Practice: Context Caching
https://manu.sporny.org/2016/json-ld-context-caching/