FW: comments on web payment HTTP API and core message components

Dear  all,

On top of the comments already provided by Kris, please find below a couple of additional comments, related to the harmonisation with ISO 20022:

-          Core components:

o   the level of granularity is not the same as the core components defined is ISO 20022 - core components described in the proposal are the basic data types used in ISO 20022, such as amounts. Core components in payments in ISO 20022 are more at the level of  a party, an organisation, a financial institution, a mandate, an authorisation, or a financial instruments. Those core components are then composed of the elements required in a classical payments chain, e.g. for a party, the name, the address, the identification (which themselves are also core components). Those core components are directly derived from the Business Components, which are defined to described the ISO 20022 business flows.

o   ISO 20022 makes a clear difference between the logical layer, which defines the "what" in the implementation from the technical layer, which is the "how": xml, Jason - I would suggest that in the w3c specifications we keep the same separation. This would actually allow to define the "what" (the core components) in a generic way and leave the actual technical implementation up to the providers.

For the purpose of the ISO 20022 harmonisation, I personally believe that the proposal goes into the right direction, if the document is extended and  comments are taken on-board, and it should be taken up by the working group.

-          Web Payment HTTP API:

o   On top of Kris' comments, I have also some doubts about the consistency of the naming conventions,  but I have one specific question: how does this integrate with the work performed already in the flow task force.

o   One very positive aspect brought up by this document is the fact that the scope is not limited to cards transactions, but allows to the extension of any payment instrument, including credit transfer, but possibly also future payments instruments that could pop-up in the future.

Glad to discuss of course!
Best Regards,
Vincent
Vincent Kuntz
Senior Business Analyst, EMEA, Standards
Tel: + 32 2 655 3353
Fax: + 32 2 655 4552
Email: vincent.kuntz@swift.com<mailto:vincent.kuntz@swift.com>
SWIFTStandards<https://www.swift.com/standards> | Save our trees: think twice before printing. Thanks.
S.W.I.F.T. SCRL | Avenue Adele 1 | B-1310 La Hulpe | Belgium
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information which is confidential and/or proprietary and intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail. Thank you for your co-operation. SWIFT reserves the right to retain e-mail messages on its systems and, under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to monitor and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems. Please visit www.swift.com<http://www.swift.com> for more information about SWIFT.