Re: Call for reviews of HTTP API and Core Messages proposals

Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, 2016-05-02 11:32 -0400:

> On 05/02/2016 11:04 AM, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:
> > By “wallet/agent/system (that uses this HTTP API)”, you mean these
> > are non- browser applications such as native mobile apps, or
> > non-browser desktop apps—which do not themselves run on the Web, as
> > Web applications, at URLs on the Web, but off the Web somewhere
> > else?
>
> Mike, I'm having a hard time parsing this question. Could you rephrase
> it please?
>
> Specifically, I don't know what "which do not themselves run on the Web,
> as Web applications, at URLs on the Web, but off the Web somewhere else"
> means.

By “Web applications” I mean Web applications, per
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_application or most any other place where
that term is defined. “In computing, a web application or web app is a
client–server software application which the client (or user interface)
runs in a web browser.”

> Do you just mean "native app" (which can run on mobile, or a desktop OS,
> or an embedded device)?

That was actually the question I was asking Katie

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike