Re: Call for reviews of HTTP API and Core Messages proposals

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 00:04:12 +0900
To: Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL <ryladog@gmail.com>
Cc: 'Ian Jacobs' <ij@w3.org>, 'Manu Sporny' <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, 'Web Payments Working Group' <public-payments-wg@w3.org>
Hi Katie,

Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL <ryladog@gmail.com>, 2016-05-02 10:48 -0400:

> Ian,
>
> If a user is mobility impaired and needs their preferred voice-only UI
> wallet/agent/system (that uses this HTTP API) to complete a payment using
> our architecture, they can.
>
> If a user is blind and uses a screen reader, and they need to use a
> specific UI wallet/agent/system (that uses this HTTP API) that they have
> chosen because it works best with their screen reader, to complete a
> payment using our architecture, they can.
>
> If a user has cognitive limitations and need a simplified UI
> wallet/agent/system (that uses this HTTP API) that they have chosen
> because it works best for them, to complete a payment using our
> architecture, they can.
>
> Does that help?

By “wallet/agent/system (that uses this HTTP API)”, you mean these are non-
browser applications such as native mobile apps, or non-browser desktop
apps—which do not themselves run on the Web, as Web applications, at URLs
on the Web, but off the Web somewhere else?

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike