Re: Polyfills/Wireframes for the browser API proposals

On 01/21/2016 02:00 AM, Adrian Hope-Bailie wrote:
> Could these be updated to demo the Web Payments browser API before
> the F2F?

Yes and no. The implemented flows could show how payment instrument
registration would work, how payment request and acknowledgement would
work, but we have too much customer work at the moment to dump the
engineers on it that we'd need to get things done before the face-to-face.

We could still demonstrate the flows of the Web Payments Browser API w/
the CM API. There is at least 80% overlap wrt. the flows between the Web
Payments Verifiable Claims/ Identity Credentials API. The only thing
that really changes are the API signatures (that no one will see during
the demo).

So, for example - instead of this:

navigator.credentials.get(request, options);

the payments API would look like this:

navigator.payments.request(request, options);

The only thing that really changes are the API calls (that no one can
see happening in the background).

We'll discuss this at our weekly engineering meeting at Digital Bazaar
and see what we can do by the face-to-face. We have something we can
demo today, and we'll see what we can change to get it closer to the
Credentials CG Browser API proposal.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Web Payments: The Architect, the Sage, and the Moral Voice
https://manu.sporny.org/2015/payments-collaboration/