RE: [paymentrequest] Payment App Registration: Same Origin is problematic for identifying_url (#66)

+1 from my side – this is what I called ‘parameterization’ of the payment app. And it is as most real-world instruments seem to work (e.g. SmartCard Applets using ‘profiles’ for a concrete instantiation of a ‘card’)

Jörg

From: Laurent Castillo [mailto:notifications@github.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2016 11:46
To: WICG/paymentrequest
Cc: webpayments
Subject: Re: [paymentrequest] Payment App Registration: Same Origin is problematic for identifying_url (#66)

Open to suggestions on how to solve this problem.

An alternative to Dave's proposal is to also register the payment instruments inside a payment app (or at least an id that the payment app can recognize). That way, the user agent knowsif an app has valid instruments associated with a payment method.

It has the added benefit of removing one click during the payment flow: from 'select payment app->trigger app->select instrument', we go to 'select instrument and associated app->trigger app with selected instrument id'

—