Re: Payments request cryptocurrencies support

> On Sep 18, 2017, at 1:37 PM, Ярослав Панасенко <yar.panasenko@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Have you seen Google’s Android payment app integration into Android web browsers
>
> Yes, it is almost the same as the implementation that I was thinking about.

(That sounds promising. :)

> > It sounds like you proposal is that W3C work on a new payment method for bitcoin. Is that accurate?
>
> Yes. I propose to add new payment method for bitcoin. As payment details merchant can path bitcoin invoice. As payment result payment app can return transaction hash. Also, it may be extended for other popular cryptocurrencies Litecoin, Etherium. I can write in details how it can work for cryptocurrencies if it needed.

A couple of comments:

 * Earlier on the thread you mentioned avoiding central authority. I want to point out that a W3C-published payment method does not avoid the central authority issue.
   Do you think the community will be supportive of the central authority being W3C?

 * For the Working Group to take up a new payment method, there will need to be support from the Working Group participants. Here is the list of organizations
   participating in the Working Group:
        https://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/83744/status

   Which organizations do you think are most likely to be interested in driving this work?

   Are there organizations you think would be interested in joining to drive the work?

Thanks again!

Ian

--
Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>