Re: patcg: Charter, Meeting, and Mail List Annoucements

> On Oct 26, 2021, at 12:36, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On 2021-10-26 09:20, Sean Turner wrote:
>> Please note that the charter's “Work Mode” section proposes that the
>> patcg Github repository [3] be used as the primary method of
>> communication.
>
> Thanks for these details. Just a quick question: will you be adding the "proposals" repository to the org that you link to soon? According to the site that's where proposals are made (presumably before being moved into their own repo if they are accepted) but it doesn't yet exist. I'd also like to know if the idea is that proposals should be issues or PRs.

Correct the “proposals” repo does not yet exist, but we do plan to add the proposal repo as soon as reasonably possible. It mostly came down to wanting to have a meeting prior to receiving proposals.

As far as how to submit proposals, the proposals as issues route has worked in the past so we would like to suggest that method. Once the proposals reach a level of maturity that they are ready to be actively worked on they will be added as repos within the Github group, same as the Privacy CG’s methodology

> Oh, and since the charter already lists some docs that the CG will work on, I assume the plan is to go directly to having repos for these too that we can start pushing ideas to?

Yes.

Cheers,
spt