Re: no extension element allowed in entity element

But there is nothing else in the data-group element except data
references, so what is there to re-invent?

What I am suggesting is we keep the old data-group element as is and we
include an extension in the ENTITY element that has the new format  for
the data-group element. Old user agents can ignore the extension. New
user agents can ignore the data-group element.

Lorrie