Re: I need your status reports and agenda items

Our final draft is on the web. Nothing happened with respect to consent groups.

matthias

At 11:15 AM 1/26/2004 -0500, Lorrie Cranor wrote:

>Except for a few friendly welcome back and congratulation messages (thank
>you) I have gotten no response to my email from last week (copied below).
>I would like a brief status report from all task forces ASAP and suggested
>agenda items for this week's call.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Lorrie
>

>On Tuesday, January 20, 2004, at 04:04 PM, Lorrie Cranor wrote:
>

>>P3P Working Group members,
>>
>>First, I wanted to let you all know that I am back from maternity leave
>>and have completed my move from New Jersey to Pittsburgh. I have joined
>>the faculty of the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon
>>University (new contact info below).
>>
>>Second, I wanted to let you all know that I will resume chairing the P3P
>>working group meetings with our next conference call on January > 28.
>>
>>Finally, I want to remind you all of the schedule of deliverables in our
>>charter
>>http://www.w3.org/P3P/Group/Specification/1.1/01-spec-charter.html and
>>let you know how I plan to move forward.
>>
>>According to our charter we should have published complete working drafts
>>in November and should be publishing last call drafts in January so that
>>we are on track for CR in February and PR in April. We are a little
>>behind schedule, but not terribly so. From the beginning, the idea behind
>>this working group was to pick the low hanging fruit and get done as much
>>as we could in a 16 month time frame. Anything that can't be accomplished
>>in that time frame will have to wait for W3C to charter a working group
>>for the next version of P3P (interest and resources permitting). So, the
>>time has come to focus on what remaining items we can get done in P3P1.1
>>and put the rest aside.
>>
>>Rigo is hoping to have an edited P3P 1.1 working draft with all the
>>changes the working group has approved so far ready by the end of this
>>month. I am working with Rigo to update buzilla and figure out where
>>things stand. If you are a taskforce chair, I would appreciate it if you
>>could send email to the working group by the end of the week summarizing
>>the current status of your taskforce's work, what additional work you
>>think is realistic to accomplish in the next month, and any issues you
>>need the full working group to resolve before moving forward. If you are
>>not a taskforce chair but have been assigned a major action item, please
>>do likewise.
>>
>>I would like to get *complete* drafts of all proposed additions/changes
>>to the specification no later than February 13. By complete, I mean
>>something that is fully fleshed out such that it can be put in the spec
>>more or less as-is if the working group decides they like it. We will
>>then consider each of these proposals and decide whether we want to
>>accept the proposal as-is or with changes, or whether we think the idea
>>should wait for another version of P3P. You are of course welcome to send
> [...]

-- Dr. Matthias Schunter <mts (at) zurich.ibm.com> ---
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory,   Ph. +41 (1) 724-8329
Fax +41-1-724-8953;      More info at www.schunter.org
PGP Fingerprint    989AA3ED 21A19EF2 B0058374 BE0EE10D