Re: [BH] The most generic binding

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 09:43, Lorrie Cranor wrote:
> a. When you want to bind a P3P policy to an XML document that is not
> identified by a URI.

I think this is addressed by the report, the XML instance would have to
reference a policy though with something like:
    <my:Privacy my:rel='P3Pv1'
       my:href='http://registrar.example.com/w3c/p3p.xml'/>

> b. When you want to bind a P3P policy to a particular XML element
> within an XML document, but not to the entire document.

Can't the Policy simply enumerate that particular element via
  <DATA ref="#user.home-info.city"/>

> c. When you want to bind a P3P policy to an XML document and don't have
> the ability to use the WKL or header methods for the PRF

What is WKL? Is this addressed the same way as (a) above?

> - A referencing mechanism that is nearly identical to the HTML and
> XHTML link tags in the P3P1.0 spec that could be used with any XML
> document (this is another way to satisfy point c above)

Yes, this is addressed in the report.

> - An extension to the PRF syntax to allow binding to a particular XML
> element at a URL rather than to the whole document at that URL (this is
> another way to satisfy point b above)

This is the bit I'm not understanding yet.