Re: translations issues

Thanks for taking the time to look at the matrix again.

Differentiating between pseudo-analysis and develop is tricky. Both are
for research. Both are not supposed to identify the individual. The
conceptual difference is that pseudo-analysis involves the creation of
a (pseudonymous) profile of an individual (and thus lends itself to
researching things that require tracking an individual's use of a
service, for example), while develop does not involve the creation of a
profile. So that's why I used the term "record identified with you."
The new wording that you propose for develop could describe
pseudo-analysis equally well. Any other ideas?

For computer you proposed: "Information about the computer you are
using. Such as its hardware, software, or internet address." If you
change the . to a , and make it "Information about the computer you are
using, such as its hardware, software, or internet address." I would be
happy with that.

Lorrie

On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 01:31  PM, Jeremy Epling wrote:

> Whoops, I forgot to attach the file. The comments I made are in red.
>
> Jeremy Epling
> Windows - Privacy and Trust UX
>
> wpihelp- where to go for all your privacy questions

<image.tiff>