Re: q: tool for assessing OWL profile used in data?

Dear Nico & Ian,

Thank you both very much for your replies. The visualdataweb.de tool is a
clone of the one I recall seeing previously on the Manchester Uni website
but it's now gone (see http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/validator/). In fact
I've hassled the uni about them being offline in the past! Great to see
that it lives on *somewhere *(c'mon ManU, lift your game!).

Thanks also for the GitHub code pointer Ian and the tip to use OWL API
to create other tools. I plan on implementing some new Python RDFlib-based
OWL tools soon, so I can't use OWLAPI directly but I can check my
functionality against it.

Regards,

Nick

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 7:58 PM Ian Horrocks
<ian.horrocks@oxfordsemantic.tech> wrote:

> You could also look at this tool:
>
> https://github.com/stain/profilechecker
>
> The Protege editor also includes an ontology metrics view that might
> satisfy your requirements.
>
> Most/all of the tools are using the OWL API under the hood, and you can
> easily do this yourself to create a bespoke tool as described here:
>

> http://protege-project.136.n4.nabble.com/OWL-2-profile-checker-in-quot-Ontology-metrics-quot-td1009564.html
>
> Regards,
> Ian
>

> > On 6 Aug 2020, at 10:47, Nico Matentzoglu <nicolas.matentzoglu@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hey,
> >
> > You could try this here: http://visualdataweb.de/validator/validate
> >
> > But I am not sure how up-to-date it is; But its probably good enough!
> >
> > All best!
> > Nico
> >
> >> On 6 Aug 2020, at 04:16, Nicholas Car <
> nicholas.car@surroundaustralia.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear OWL Community Group,
> >>
> >> Is there a tool available which can be used to assess the OWL2 profile
> implemented by an ontology?
> >>
> >> I would like to feed in an ontology (ABox or TBox) and have the tool
> tell me if it is an OWL-RD, -QL, -DL etc. ontology. Is this possible?
> >>
> >> I thought there was one only by Manchester Uni but I can no longer find
> it.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Nick
> >>
> >> --

> >> kind regards
> >> Dr Nicholas Car
> >> Data Systems Architect at SURROUND Australia Pty Ltd
> >> Address  P.O. Box 86, Mawson, Canberra ACT 2607
> >> Phone     +61 477 560 177
> >> Email       nicholas.car@surroundaustralia.comWebsite
> https://www.surroundaustralia.com
> >> Enhancing Intelligence Within Organisations
> >> delivering evidence that connects decisions to outcomes

kind regards
*Dr Nicholas Car*
Data Systems Architect at SURROUND Australia Pty Ltd
Address  P.O. Box 86, Mawson, Canberra ACT 2607
Phone     +61 477 560 177 <++61+477+560+177>