Re: Primer Review

Dear Deborah,

in accordance with the Straw Poll taken at the OWL WG teleconference of
20 May 2009, the editors have decided not to include a reference to the
OWL 1 Guide in the OWL 2 Primer.

With best regards,
    Sebastian
    on behalf of the editors

Am 20.05.2009 um 16:07 schrieb Deborah L. McGuinness:

>>> 2 - my comment 5.1 got in but 5.2 did not and should.
>> Personally we are agnostic about having that in there, but just as
>> a general question: is it good practice to hint to "old" OWL
>> documents? If we got the OWL 2 WG spirit right, the documents are
>> mostly intended to be stand-alone and not refer to former OWL 1
>> documents. I guess, if we were to say what current documents
>> replace what earlier OWL 1 documents this should perhaps be done
>> uniformly in the Overview? Thus, we would like to refer the
>> decision on that to tonight's telco.
> i think this one is important to put in since although this was
> exactly what i disagreed strongly with in the initial f2f at
> manchester (and still would strongly have preferred that we took the
> route I was suggesting),
> the owl 2 primer now does replace section 3 of the owl 1 overview
> along with the OWL 1 guide.
>
> although i gave up fighting the battle to have a separate shorter
> document with the simpler examples provided in the owl overview and
> then the longer guide as a separate document, i think  now it should
> be acknowledged that the primer  replaced those.  it is the
> appropriate place to mention it where we mention the owl 1
> differences but the mention just to the nf&r is not adequate since
> that is only mentioning the differences between the language
> features and not telling people about the document replacement
> strategy.
>
> deborah

Dr. Sebastian Rudolph
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, D-76128 Karlsruhe
rudolph@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de    phone +49 (0)721 608 7362
www.sebastian-rudolph.de                 fax +49 (0)721 608 5998