Re: Review of Primer

Dear Mike,

thank you again for your efforts. Meanwhile, we have addressed your
comments (and responded to them mainly by editor's notes).

The diff

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Primer&diff=23543&oldid=23518

contains the editorial changes made to Sections 1 - 8.

Some more comments on Sections 9 and 10:

> Review comment from MikeSmith 01:35, 13 May 2009 (UTC) This section
> conflates DL / Full as languages and Direct / RDF as semantics. I
> think that it should be reworked to be more careful about the
> distinction. For instance, it is not clear from the text that it is
> perfectly valid to apply the RDF based semantics to an OWL 2 DL
> ontology

We have rewritten this section and we think it's much clearer now.

Diff for Section 9: <http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Primer&diff=23689&oldid=23628

Note, however, that applying the RDF based semantics to an OWL 2 DL
ontology does not amount to exactly the same as applying the direct
semantics - we have also added a remark on this.

> Review comment from MikeSmith 01:49, 13 May 2009 (UTC) I suggest
> removing complexity class information and links to the literature
> (and origins) from the profile descriptions in the subsections. The
> target audience of this document does not need this level of detail,
> it is difficult to present in a way all members of the wg will
> endorse, and it is already present in the Profiles document.

We have done this, i.e. we have taken out the respective parts.

> Review comment from MikeSmith 01:38, 13 May 2009 (UTC) Previous
> comments about "allow to" apply to the preceding paragraph.

Okay and done.

Diff for Section 10: <http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Primer&diff=23695&oldid=23689

Best regards
  Sebastian

Am 13.05.2009 um 03:54 schrieb Mike Smith:

> I have completed my review of the Primer.  My full set of review
> comments can be seen in the diff at [1].  Most of my comments were
> minor editorial issues.  My comments in sections 9 (DL and Full) and
> 10 (Profiles) suggest more substantial changes.
> --
> Mike Smith
>
> Clark & Parsia
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Primer&diff=23495&oldid=23464

Dr. Sebastian Rudolph
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, D-76128 Karlsruhe
rudolph@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de    phone +49 (0)721 608 7362
www.sebastian-rudolph.de                 fax +49 (0)721 608 5998