From: C.M.Sperberg-McQueen <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>
Date: Wed, May 6, 2009 at 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: [LC response] To C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
To: Boris Motik <boris.motik@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Cc: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>,
public-owl-comments@w3.org, public-rdf-text@w3.org

(2) You could admit the problem, point it out to the reader, and explain
(as far as you know how) how best to work around it.

This would involve you in admitting that rdf:text is not really suitable,
in the general case, for representation of natural-language utterances
in arbitrary languages and writing systems, and that the existing
constructs with which it is intended to be compatible share those
shortcomings.  It would also involve you in recommending workarounds
for those shortcomings, or in advertising that the technology of RDF
is not, as currently constituted, really well suited for bidi
writing systems or for writing systems which use ruby characters.