Re: Closing action-306: Comments on the QRG

From: Christine Golbreich <cgolbrei@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Closing action-306: Comments on the QRG
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:13:40 +0100

> 2009/3/17 Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>:
>> From: Christine Golbreich <cgolbrei@gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: Closing action-306: Comments on the QRG
>> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 17:22:16 +0100

>>> indeed

>>> Of course, I do not agree with this view, I think that pointing to the
>>> *new* features is helpful  + harmless.
>>> Moreover, if you check the record, if I remember correctly, Jie was
>>> asked earlier at a telecon to put these links in the QRG.
>>
>> A pointer to the relevant discussion would be very helpful.
>
> Peter, as a result of our discussions you may look for example at the
> QRG  Editor's Note: To do list at  [1]
> and also compare Status of this Document (dec) in [1]  to Status of
> this Document  at [2]
>
> If you don't remember it, you are free to track the other records. On
> my side, I have a few time available and would prefer to spend it at a
> more productive work, such as improving NF&R (e.g. the UCs section to
> address some member's comment).

As far as I can find, the only allusions to linking from QRG to NF&R
near the timestamp of relevant editor's note are from the Mandelieu F2F

http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2008-10-23#line0245

Elisa Kendall: Intent is to hyperlink everything (functional syntax, RDF syntax, etc.) ←
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2008-10-23#line0276

Christine Golbreich: LInk to requirements document instead? ←
http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2008-10-24#line1018

Christine Golbreich: i think the name of the document are details to be agreed later ←
... we have to agreed on the principle on this content to be working draft document and I just want to answer ←
... I agree it would be highly useful to have this section with the quick refernece guide ←
... it would help to access the whole language and to caption of the new features ←
... having the sue cases somewhere it would be useful, with links from the documents ←
... from the quick reference guide there will be links tot he spec, from the features to the use cases ←
Bijan Parsia: I'm confused...section 5 doesn't cover all of the language..so the quick reference guide can't really use it ←
... and I am not sure about the use cases to be updated ←

These do not seem to count as a defense against Ivan's criticism.