Re: Closing action-306: Comments on the QRG

From: Christine Golbreich <cgolbrei@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 17:22:16 +0100
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: W3C OWL Working Group <public-owl-wg@w3.org>, Evan Wallace <ewallace@cme.nist.gov>, Jie Bao <baojie@cs.rpi.edu>
2009/3/17 Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>:
> For the records, these were my comments on the QRG document. In fact,
> these comments went to Jie before I took the action last week, and the
> current wiki page reflects most of the proposed changes already. But as
> there was a public action on me, it is better to have that on record, too.
>
> Ivan
>
> - This is a matter of taste, of course. Personally, I find the gray*

indeed

> background shading a little bit disturbing. I wonder what other
> typographic trick we should use to denote OWL 2 specific features, but
> something less disturbing would be nice. (Maybe some lighter colour, for
> example?) I also wonder whether we could find a trick (eg, by chaning
> the css values via a javascript?) so that I could choose _not_ to
> highlight the differences. It is of course great to have those clearly
> denoted for those who make a transition from OWL 1 but, after a while,
> these differences become without interest, and I might prefer not to
> have them highlighted at all. The same holds for the '?' links that
> refer to the NF&R; once people are hooked on OWL 2, those issues become
> moot, and the really important reference will be the primer (in my
> view...) and not that one...

Of course, I do not agree with this view, I think that pointing to the
*new* features is helpful  + harmless.
Moreover, if you check the record, if I remember correctly, Jie was
asked earlier at a telecon to put these links in the QRG.
Also in fact, Jie sent me comments on the NF&R last week before I took
an action asking to add some missing features in NF&R so as to allow
to point to them. I have now precisely finished to add them.

Christine
> --

> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
> mobile: +31-641044153