Re: LC responses 28, 48 & 58

Are we sure of this. I just read Michael's note in response to
Peter's, where it seems to me that he is saying OWL 2 Full seems to
refer to the whole language, if anything.

Personally, if OWL 2 Full means a syntax, the I don't understand how
it means anything different that "RDF Syntax".

I understand the problem you are trying to address. I'm just not sure
the proposed solution works, particularly as we are dealing with a
legacy of usage of these terms.

Here's my current feeling.

For OWL Full, I'm thinking that it is unproblematic to retain the
sense that the term refers to the (mosly) unrestricted RDF syntax and
RDF-based semantics. Although the direct semantics can be used with a
*portion* (perhaps large), that's different than it being able to be
used with all of it.

In the other cases: DL, QL, RL, EL, I don't see as much as a problem
considering these structural fragments (syntactic fragments confuse me
as we have more than one syntax), and always use them with a qualifier
that says what semantics are being used. For stuff between DL and
unrestricted RDF syntax, I don't see why we have to name it. Is it not
just some OWL that can be (usefully) interpreted with the direct
semantics?

-Alan