RE: Testing the (RL) testing...

In my test suite, those test cases that are positive entailment or
inconsistency tests w.r.t. the RL ruleset will explicitly be marked
as such (by whichever means that will be most appropriate for this
in the test wiki). An implementation claiming conformance to the
RL ruleset should then succeed on all these test.

>Unfortunately, identifying these tests will not, in general, be
>completely trivial -- we either need a "trusted" implementation with
>no additional features/rules, or we need a trusted pair of eyeballs.

I am using a fairly cautious process to build my suite. But errors
can never be avoided, of course. Well, I am doing my best.

>However, even identifying some tests that are in this category and
>some "Full" tests that are outside of this category would be a useful
>addition to the test set. Note that conforming RL systems are *not*
>obliged to "fail" the latter kind of test - they are simply not
>*obliged* to pass them.

It will be interesting to apply an RL-plus-a-bit
implementation (for example, a future Jena reasoner that builds on
top of the current Jena OWL implementation, and also covers all of
the RL rules) to the *whole* "rdfbased" test suite, since this will
give some idea "how far" such an implementation is away from the
whole of OWL 2 Full (provided that my test suite will really give
appropriate coverage of the whole of OWL 2 Full, let's see...).

But enough advertising! :) There's still some work to do for me.

>Ian

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: michael.schneider@fzi.de
WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/michael.schneider
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts, Az 14-0563.1, RP Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. Rudi Studer