Re: Explain profile acronyms

umm, okay, but I think you may have gone overboard (up to you) -- you
changed

> By and large, different profiles can be distinguished syntactically
> with there being inclusion relations between various profiles. For
> example, OWL 2 DL can be seen as a syntactic fragment of OWL 2 Full
> and OWL 2 QL is a syntactic fragment of OWL 2 DL (and thus of OWL 2
> Full). Each of the profiles presented below is a (strict) syntactic
> subset of OWL DL, but none of these profiles is a subset of another.
> Ideally, one can use a reasoner (or other tool) that is conforming
> for a superprofile on the subprofile with no change in the results
> derived. For profiles such as OWL 2 EL and OWL 2 QL in relation to
> OWL 2 DL this principle does hold: Every conforming OWL 2 DL
> reasoner is an OWL 2 EL and OWL 2 QL reasoner (but may differ in
> performance since the OWL 2 DL reasoner is tuned for a more general
> set of cases).

> Note that none of the profiles below is a subset of another.

but my complaint would have been fixed with

By and large, different profiles can be distinguished syntactically
with there being inclusion relations between various profiles. For
example, OWL 2 DL can be seen as a syntactic fragment of OWL 2 Full
and OWL 2 QL is a syntactic fragment of OWL 2 DL (and thus of OWL 2
Full). None of these profiles below is a subset of another. Ideally,
one can use a reasoner (or other tool) that is conforming for a
superprofile on the subprofile with no change in the results derived.
For profiles  OWL 2 EL and OWL 2 QL in relation to OWL 2 DL this
principle does hold: Every conforming OWL 2 DL reasoner is an OWL 2 EL
and OWL 2 QL reasoner (but may differ in performance since the OWL 2
DL reasoner is tuned for a more general set of cases).

it was only the one particular sentence that had been added that I was
asking about
   -JH