Re: ACTION-333 Quick Review of Quick Reference Guide

On 23 Apr 2009, at 09:03, Christine Golbreich wrote:

> A first quick comment about links.
>
> - NF&R says what a new feature is and not only why a new feature has
> been added. If it turns out that NF&R has unvoluntary been too much
> cut and gives a wrong impression, it's urgent to say it. I will revert
> and reintroduce some content of previous version.

Please do not do that without discussion -- the vote to publish the
document as a WD was made on the basis of the current version.

> - QRG links
> to simplify, there are 3 profiles of QRG readers : (1) newbies, (2)
> OWL 1 familiar users, (3) advanced
>
> Links useful for
> (1): to Primer + NF&R for new features
> (2): to NF&R
> (3): no "instructional" (Primer or NF&R)  but only "technical"
> documents i.e. normative specs (syntax and semantics).
>
> I suggest to keep all links to NF&R and Primer. Otherwise if you
> consider that they are "not very useful", remove both links to NF&R
> and Primer.

I agree with Peter that the extra "links" column is a waste of space
and that there are far too many links anyway. IMHO, links to RDF-
mapping are clearly inappropriate and *must* be removed; links to
NF&R are clearly superfluous (given the purpose of this document) and
*should* be removed; links to Primer may be confusing and/or of
limited utility and *could* be removed. On the whole, I favour
removing as many links as possible.

Ian