From: Achille Fokoue [mailto:achille@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 22 April 2009 21:26
To: Boris Motik
Cc: 'W3C OWL Working Group'; public-owl-wg-request@w3.org
Subject: RE: comments on http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-rdf-text-20090421

Hi Boris,

I have just read your answer [1] to Michael Sperberg-McQueen's comments [2] on
the public comment mailing list.  Althought, for the most part, I agree with
your response to the namespace issue,  I think  that, when "fn" prefix is used
in the context of  XQuery, we should use the exact same URI defined in
XPath/XQuery functions and operators spec [3]. In an XQuery context, function
names are identified by QNames, not URIs.  An example can be found in section
5.3.1 :
 declare function  rtfn:text-length($arg as rdf:text?) as xs:integer{
  return fn:string-length(rtfn:string-from-text($arg))
}

This namespace issue could be addressed by defining two prefixes: fnr with a "#"
at the end, and fn exactly as it appears in XPath/XQuery functions and operators
spec, which will only be used in an XQuery context.

Best regards,
Achille.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-comments/2009Apr/0053.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-comments/2009Apr/0052.html