RE: Minor comments on rdf:text

I can see that this has also changed in the Direct Semantics everywhere. I'm
reluctant to follow this in the RDF-Based Semantics, since "(",")" are
already heavily used for all kinds of other things. This would lead to
expressions such as "(I(a),I(b))", or "F2V(d)((F,x))", which look a bit like
Lisp code. Also, RDF Semantics and OWL 1 RDF-Compatible Semantics both use
"<",">", which is another reason for me to not change anything without
pressing reason.

Looking at the published PDF and the HTML version in Firefox, Opera and
Google Chrome, the angle brackets look pretty well to me, so I don't see any
need for a change. (IE7 is not HTML4 compatible, and the WG has already
decided to simply ignore such broken browser implementations).

Maybe I will change the current "&lang;","&rang;" forms into "&lt;","&gt;",
but for the moment I am deferring any decision on this.

Best,

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: michael.schneider@fzi.de
WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/michael.schneider
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts, Az 14-0563.1, RP Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. Rudi Studer