Re: document validation, links

On Mittwoch, 15. April 2009, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> From: Markus Krötzsch <mak@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
> Subject: Re: document validation, links
> Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:57:10 +0200
>
> > On Dienstag, 14. April 2009, Markus Krötzsch wrote:
> >> The validation glitches in the Primer have been fixed (validating as
> >> XHTML strict now). Remaining linking issues will be fixed tomorrow, when
> >> all internal cross-links will be updated (the checker creates many
> >> notes, but most are not relevant; only real open issues are renamed
> >> anchors).
> >>
> >> For some reason, the link checker complains about http://www.sebastian-
> >> rudolph.de/ and http://www.pascal-hitzler.de/ (internal server error
> >> 500), but the links resolve and a normal wget gives me response code 200
> >> -- a bug in the checker?
> >
> > Ok, besides the above "500" issue, all link problems in Primer have been
> > fixed now.
> >
> > Btw.: I found it necessary to prevent automatic linking of URIs, and I
> > have introduced a template to make this easy: you can write
> > "{{http}}://example.org" to get an non-linked "http://example.org".
> >
> > Markus
>
> Doesn't <nowiki>http://example.org</nowiki> do this as well?

Sure. In essence, this is what {{http}} does, just with slightly with less
clutter. Main advantage for me was that you can do an interactive
search&replace with "http:"->"{{http}}:" while a similar operation for the
above technique would need some regexp-based search&replace.

Markus

--
Markus Krötzsch
Institut AIFB, Universität Karlsruhe (TH), 76128 Karlsruhe