RE: Datatype (Map) Conformance Strangeness

Hi Ian!

I argued for not talking about "datatype maps" in the Conformance document
at all. I suggest to just talk about "(sets of) datatypes". My proposed
revision of the section in my previous mail reflects this.

I don't see why referring to datatype maps would be necessary or would
provide any relevant additional information. We will just open the
Conformance document up to unnecessary criticism.

I consider datatype maps as an internal aspect of the Direct Semantics and
the RDF-Based Semantics. So let's talk about datatype maps exclusively in
the semantics documents. I think it would even be best to not talk about
datatype maps in the Structural Spec, but, again, only about (sets of)
datatypes.

Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Dept. Information Process Engineering (IPE)