Fwd: OWL2 syntax doc check

Hi,

Some corrections and comments from a co-worker of mine who decided to
read the Syntax document (without me forcing him to!).

-Rinke

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Abdallah El Ali" <abdallah.elali@gmail.com>
> Date: 28 oktober 2008 16:46:41 GMT+01:00
> To: "Rinke Hoekstra" <hoekstra@uva.nl>
> Subject: OWL2 syntax doc check
>

> Hi Rinke,
>
> Here are my comments on the 'Structural Specification and Functional-
> Style Syntax' document for OWL 2 found on the OWL WG wiki site.
>
> Typographic errors:
>
> 1) Section 8.3.2: Typo
>
> In second example, line 5 of explanation: "For exmaple" --> "For
> example"
>
> 2) Section 9.1: Missing Boldface
>
> In first line, "SubClassOf" --> "SubClassOf" (bold)
>
> 3) Section 9.1.2: Typo
>
> In second example, line 3 of explanation: "SubClassOf
> ( a:MongrelOwner a:DowOwner )" --> "SubClassOf ( a:MongrelOwner
> a:DogOwner )"
>
> 4) Section 9.2.9 & 9.2.10: Typos
>
> Natural language explanation of axioms use "themself" when it should
> be "themselves" or less commonly "theirself".
>
> 5) Section 11.1: Typo
>
> In the example, in before the last line of explanation:
> "...a:hasBiologicalFather is a simple" --> "...a:hasBiologicalFather
> is simple"
>
> Conceptual errors:
>
> 1) Section 9.2.9:
>
> The example provided to illustrate the usage of reflexive properties
> is missing an axiom along the lines of "PropertyAssertion( a:knows
> a:Peter a:Lois )"
>
> 2) Section 11.2:
>
> In the fourth example, the example provided for the equivalence
> assertion starts with "ClassAssertion(SomeValuesFrom..." - I think
> it should be "ClassExpression(SomeValuesFrom..." as a logical
> expression is being provided.
>

> ---
>
> Finally, I second what you said earlier: while the examples in
> section 11 (Global Restrictions on Axioms) make sense, I got quite
> confused with the corresponding explanations, but I would blame this
> in part on my lack of mathematical rigor - e.g., what are closure
> axioms?? Are they axioms to ensure the reasoner does not go out of
> hand such as during an encounter with cyclical structures?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Abdo

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands