Re: are owl:DeprecatedClass and owl:DeprecatedProperty deprecated?

Hi Ji,

As far as I remember, the deprecation issue (ISSUE-90) was resolved by
leaving the owl:DeprecatedClass and owl:DeprecatedProperty in the RDF
serialisation (and thus in the OWL Full documents as well), but have
them be mapped to a 'deprecated' annotation on class & property
entities in the functional style syntax [1].

It appears that the RDF mapping document does not list the mapping
from this deprecated marker to its RDF syntax. This is either an
omission, or intended. [2] mentions "Note that Label, Comment, and
Deprecated are syntactic abbreviations, so they are not listed in
Table 2. "

-Rinke

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-wg/2008Apr/0014.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Mapping_to_RDF_Graphs#Translation_of_Annotations

On 21 okt 2008, at 20:47, Jie Bao wrote:

> I found the two terms are used in Mapping to RDF Graph. However, as we
> already have owl:deprecated in the Syntax, owl:DeprecatedClass and
> owl:DeprecatedProperty should be deprecated now.
>
> Besides, I think the Mapping to RDF Graph document (maybe also the
> syntax document?) should mention the list of deprecated vocabulary in
> OWL 2. Currently, as far as I can remember, there are proposals to
> deprecate owl:DataRange (replaced by rdfs:Datatype) and
> owl:distinctMembers (replaced by owl:members).
>
> Jie

Drs. Rinke Hoekstra

Email: hoekstra@uva.nl    Skype:  rinkehoekstra
Phone: +31-20-5253499     Fax:   +31-20-5253495
Web:   http://www.leibnizcenter.org/users/rinke

Leibniz Center for Law,          Faculty of Law
University of Amsterdam,            PO Box 1030
1000 BA  Amsterdam,             The Netherlands