Re: ACTION-231 completed (add a proof sketch for Theorem 1 in the Profiles document)

On Oct 19, 2008, at 5:35 PM, Boris Motik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just added a sketch of a proof of Theorem 1 in the Profiles
> document. Here is the diff:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?
> title=Profiles&diff=14036&oldid=14034

Looks good to me.

> Please note that this is just a sketch: a full proof would be way
> too complex to fit into this document.

And complex not because of deep mathematics, but because of really
ugly structures that are freaking verbose and nasty. I don't think
one would gain any extra insight or confidence for writing that all
out. Indeed, it should be pretty obvious how things would go just by
looking at the tables for each RHS that contains one of the
constructs in O_2.

> Please let me know should you have any comments about it. Are we
> now ready to close ISSUE-142?

I certainly am.