question on F2F agenda related to ISSUE-56

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:17:30 -0400 (EDT)
To: public-owl-wg@w3.org

I was just looking at the F2F agenda and noticed a section devoted to
"Discussion on Repairs".  It seems to me that if this is going to be on
the agenda then the WG should decide how to resolve ISSUE-56.  In
particular, if the resolution of ISSUE-56 is not to do anything in this
area then the discussion is moot.  If, on the other hand, the resolution
of ISSUE-56 is to have a subgroup prepare some document, then it seems
to me that the subgroup should have a proposal ready for discussion at
the F2F.  In neither case is a "Discussion on Repairs" useful at the
F2F.

I suggest that the WG vote on what to do about ISSUE-56 this week.  If
the resolution is to prepare a note, then those interested could prepare
something and get together some evening at the F2F.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research