Re: Updated Conformance and Test Cases

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:56 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
<pfps@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:
> From: "Alan Ruttenberg" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Updated Conformance and Test Cases
> Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 12:47:29 -0500
>

>> Some comments on conformance:
>>
>> I wonder whether there should be a more specific pointer to the
>> restrictions mentioned in the syntactic conformance, i.e. rather than
>> just pointing to the syntax document, pointing to
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-syntax/#Global_Restrictions_on_Axioms
>
> You mean copying normative text?  I think that this is bad idea.

No, I meant mentioning the section specifically in the citation rather
than the whole syntax document.

>> A nit on the must accept/generate RDF/XML. Because of the syntactic
>> restrictions in RDF/XML that prevent serialization of all RDF, for
>> some OWL 2 Full document one MUST do something that isn't possible. I
>> suggest a footnote saying something about this. An alternative would
>> be to specify that NTRIPLES must be acceptable as well.
>
> I would just amend the text to "MUST, if possible".

I be happy with that but would prefer to couple it with something
indicating that the other syntaxes SHOULD not be used in such a way as
to not have it be possible for the RDF/XML to serialize their
contents.

> [...]
>
>> "for example, very large integers". Do we not need a summary of what
>> minimal conformance for literals are?
>
> Already in Syntax.  Perhaps a pointer is called for.

At least. They are probably short enough, however, that it would be
useful to have them in this document.