Re: ISSUE-106 (namespace): RAISED: reuse OWL 1.0 namespace? owl11 poor prefix choice

On Mar 28, 2008, at 3:38 PM, OWL Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> ISSUE-106 (namespace): RAISED: reuse OWL 1.0 namespace? owl11 poor
> prefix choice
>
> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/
>
> Raised by: Jeremy Carroll
> On product:
>
> An HP reviewer suggests that it causes practical difficulty to have
> new properties and classes in a new namespace, and sees no real
> loss in adding the new stuff to the old namespace.

+10000000000.

I would like to use Ye Olden Owle namespace for the XML syntax as
well. These would be similar to rdf:about in RDF/XML.

The fewer namespaces the better. I *always* find the boilerplate
unnecessarily complicated and a source of errors. I also often
encounter other people making errors (I often correct owl:subClassOf
for people).

> He also notes that owl11 as a prefix is an invitation to typos.

Indeed.