RE: Proposal to close ISSUE-12

Hi Alan!

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

>On Mar 18, 2008, at 9:32 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>

>	2/ Annotations on axioms that generate a fresh blank
>node put the
>	   annotation on that blank node, as is done already
>for negative
>	   property assersions
>	   e.g.,  DisjointClasses(Annotation(a "bar") c1 c2 c3) becomes
>	     _:x rdf:type owl11:AllDisjointClasses
>	  _:x owl11:members SEQ(c1 c2 c3)
>	  _:x a "bar"
>

>	3/ Other annotations on axioms that generate multiple
>triples (e.g.,
>
>	   EquivalentObjectProperties) result in the triples
>being reified and
>
>	   each annotation attached to each of the reified triples.
>

>For such cases as EquivalentObjectProperties,  can we not add
>an extra fresh blank bnode to the set of entities and then use
>approach 2? On the DL-side this can be ignored, on the full
>side, as existential it is satisfied by any other element of the set.
>
>-Alan

As long as n-ary axioms in functional syntax are splitted into a set of binary
axioms in RDF, I do not see a proper alternative to Peter's proposal 3/.

The reverse mapping will then of course produce the corresponding set of
binary axioms in functional syntax, too, all of them sharing the same
annotations.

My suggestion is (once again) to follow Boris' proposal in ISSUE-94. If an
n-ary EquivalentClasses axiom is mapped to an RDF construct of the form

  _:x rdf:type owl11:AllEquivalentClasses
  _:x owl11:members SEQ(c1 ... cn)

then it seems to me that the need for approach 3/ would vanish, at least for the n-ary
constructs.

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: Michael.Schneider@fzi.de

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe