question about editors,authors,contributors postponed agenda item

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Subject: Postponed agenda items
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:53:05 -0400

[...]

>   Document roles: Editor, Authors, Contributors - what do we want?

> Should we edit the documents inside the wiki? (html, or wiki markup?)
>
> -Alan

Well, someone to do the work right?  :-)

More seriously, what is the question?

* Do you want to determine policy on how editors, authors, contributors
  are determined?

  My view:
    At least one editor is identified early for each deliverable.  Other
    editors may arise later.  Authors and contributors are identified
    mostly by their actions.

* Do you want to determine policy on what editors, authors,
  or contributors do?

  My view:
    Editors take existing stuff, make it whole, and modiify it as directed.
    Authors provide large chunks of stuff.
    Contributors provide small chunks of stuff.

* Do you want victims/volunteers (or vetoes) for editor(s), author(s),
  or contributor(s) for each deliverable?

  My view:
    Let's get Bijan to do it all.  He needs more joy in his life.  :-)