Re: PROPOSAL to *close* (not postpone) ISSUE-83

On Dec 13, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Jim Hendler wrote:

> WHile I don't actually disagree with Peter on this one, I do think
> there are several things incumbent on us in these issue
>  1  - we need to document that these features are allowed in Full

This is in question. Can you point to an precedent  from OWL 1.0?
Whether we *do* document them is open. I don't see evidence that we
*need* to. My instinct would be to say that user facing documentation
regarding this would be at the discretion of the contributors to the
documentation.

>  2 -  close vs. postpone may, in some cases, depend on whether we
> think in the future their might be a solution -

Exactly. That's why issue-83 will be closed. There is no solution.

> inverseFunctional datatypes, for example, have led to "key"s which
> we are at least considering for 1.1 - so if in some cases, and this
> might or might not be one, we think there might be limited
> solutions that would be decidable, we should consider postponing
> with a note to that effect.

Right.

>  From the point of view of this WG, close vs. postpone has little
> difference, but from the pov of a future WG, this shows them there
> might be interest in the issue if a technical solution can be found

I agree with above. Don't think the next statement is relevant. If
that happens then they will need to look at the closed issues too.