Re: Resolveability of owl:real and owl:rational

Note that the file at http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl is not normative and
says, at its beginning:

"""
   This ontology partially describes the built-in classes and
   properties that together form the basis of the RDF/XML syntax of OWL 2.
   The content of this ontology is based on Tables 6.1 and 6.2
   in Section 6.4 of the OWL 2 RDF-Based Semantics specification,
   available at http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-rdf-based-semantics/.
   Please note that those tables do not include the different annotations
   (labels, comments and rdfs:isDefinedBy links) used in this file.
   Also note that the descriptions provided in this ontology do not
   provide a complete and correct formal description of either the syntax
   or the semantics of the introduced terms (please see the OWL 2
   recommendations for the complete and normative specifications).
   Furthermore, the information provided by this ontology may be
   misleading if not used with care. This ontology SHOULD NOT be imported
   into OWL ontologies. Importing this file into an OWL 2 DL ontology
   will cause it to become an OWL 2 Full ontology and may have other,
   unexpected, consequences.
    """

I think that the intent was to declare *all* the terms defined in the
owl: namespace, including owl:real and owl:rational, but these, for some
reasons (maybe oversight) were left out. It is, however, not a problem
because the only way to make reasonable use of owl:real and owl:rational
is by implementing the official specification, not by parsing an
informative Turtle file.

--AZ

--
Antoine Zimmermann