Re: OWL-RL (OWL 2 Profiles)

It was decided to integrate these two profiles as follows: An OWL2 RL
reasoner based on the given rule set can be used to reason with
arbitrary RDF graphs under the OWL Full semantics. In general, such a
reasoner will be incomplete, but if the input graph satisfies the
syntactic part of the profile definition (roughly what was OWL-R DL),
then the semantics coincide with the direct semantics and the
reasoner will be complete for atomic query answering (see Theorem PR1
in Profiles <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-owl2-profiles-20081202/>).

Regards,
Ian

On 2 Dec 2008, at 15:33, Dimitrios Koutsomitropoulos wrote:

> Could please somebody explain what has happened to OWL-R DL and OWL-
> R Full?
>> From my understanding, OWL-R DL used to be pure DLP, while OWL-R
>> Full allows
> all constructs and has no constraints on syntax, but rule-based
> reasoning
> remains complete only under weaker semantics (I think this profile was
> equivalent to OWLim's OWL Horst). How is this new OWL-RL compared
> to the
> other two?
>
> Regards,
> Dimitrios