Re: [OWLWG-COMMENT] Example why current RDF mapping for QCRs might hurt OWL-1.1-Full

The resolution to not include QCRs in OWL had the following rationale
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Apr/0264.html
(numbering added):

The qualified restrictions of DAML+OIL:
1/ - have added to the difficulty of learning the language
2/ - have not been used in practice
3/ - are barely understood by the community
4/ - potentially add to the difficulty of implementing the language
5/ - have no compelling use cases

Since then there have been multiple calls for the expressive power of
QCRs, including the one by Alan Rector back in 2003, overturning at
least points 2 and 5.  The use of QCRs at least partly overturns point
3.  Several implementations of QCRs exist in both UI tools (e.g., Protege 4)
and reasoners (e.g., Pellet), overturning point 4.

I think that this is quite a significant change from the situation in
2002.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research

PS: For more information on QCRs in the WebOnt WG, see
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I3.2-Qualified-Restrictions