Re: CIFP

On Oct 30, 2007, at 12:52 AM, james.lapalme@videotron.ca wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to the world of OWL and the semantic web.
> I have found the web site of the BestPractices-Software
> engineering group.
> The site mentions Composite Inverse Functional Property in the
> deliveries section.

(Composite, or compound Functional properties are cool too ;))

> Has anything work been done on this subject, for I am very
> interested in any information regard this subject?

I don't know about the BPSW work, but there's an OWLED task force:
	<http://code.google.com/p/owl1-1/wiki/DatabasEsque>
that is working on an "easy keys" proposal:
	<http://code.google.com/p/owl1-1/wiki/EasyKeyProposal>

which most likely will include compound keys. It has the start of a
discussion.

You might find this paper:
	<http://webont.org/owled/2007/PapersPDF/paper_19.pdf>
interesting as well. (The terminology is a bit different, but where
you see "identification" think "keys".) Turns out, perhaps
unsurprisingly, that DL-Lite_a plus compound keys is still database
reducible.

Cheers,
Bijan.