RE: Some basic questions about OWL-Full

>Hi all,
>
>Does this question/discussion apply also to RDF or only to OWL Full. If so
>why is there a difference?

The question applies to any formalism, but it has
been definitively answered for most formal logics
in common use. The RDF semantics document answers
it for RDF and RDFS, though as Peter notes one
has to be careful when interpreting external
specifications such as XMLSchema.

The reason OWL-Full is different from RDF is that
OWL-Full (in fact, OWL) imposes a much larger and
more complicated collection of semantic
conditions than simple RDF does, so it is more
work to demonstrate their internal consistency.

Pat