Re: A perfect brother [WAS: Defining cross products in OWL-1.1]

I don't believe that you have taken into account the non-structural
constraints relating to acyclicity. Your axioms violate these
constraints as you have both SubObjectPropertyOf(brother sibling) and
SubObjectPropertyOf(SubObjectPropertyChain(sibling ...) brother). It
is easy to see that allowing this kind of cycle would lead to
undecidability in the general case -- see page 10 of [1] for details.

If you want to claim that these acyclicity restrictions are not very
clearly described in the OWL 1.1 spec, then I wouldn't want to argue
with you -- this section of the document clearly needs some work. An
alternative definition of these restrictions can be found in
Definition 2 of [2].

Ian

[1] http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/work/ian.horrocks/Publications/
download/2004/HoSa04a.pdf