Re: [TF:DbE] The easiest keys there are

On 3 Oct 2007, at 15:28, Matthew Pocock wrote:

> I Am Not A Logician...
[snip]
> This is a direct result of the keys being mapped injectively on to the
> instances.

Hmm. You claim not to be a logician, but talk about injective
mappings....

fishy!

[snip]
> Is that about right Bijan?

Quick check reveals to me that you got why more elaborate key
reasoning is hard (i.e., why we don't want to have to work with
unnamed individuals or unknown key values and restrictions on key
properties). I took Evan to be asking about why we can't have "check"
semantics for keys (i.e., missing keys are a violation).

In terms of the poster, I was explaining the far left option and you
were explaining the far right one.

Either way, we done explaint it!

Cheers,
Bijan.